Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum
Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum are located in Tambon Lat Yai on Ekkachai Road, around 4 km from City Hall. The statues were built in memory of Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins who made Thailand famous around the world. They stand in the middle of a broad ground decorated with trees and flowering plants. There is a large pond in the foreground. Furthermore, the biography of Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins, is on display in a hall. Chang-Eng, the Siamese twins were born on 11 May 1811, in Samut Songkhram. During 1828-1829, Captain Coffin and Hunter came to Mae Klong to conduct trade and they encountered the Siamese twins. They were allowed to take the Siam twins back with them to America and the United Kingdom for shows in public places where the life stories of Chang-Eng who were joined to each other at the chest were repeated again and again. Both of them lived a normal life to the age of 63. The name of ‘Siamese twins’ made Thailand famous worldwide.